Check Out Desk
All circulating library materials must be properly checked out at the Library's Check Out Desk.
Access for All
The Library's borrowing policies allow student and employees access to books, magazines and videos that meet their academic, work-related and recreational needs. Library materials are not the possession of any single individual, but rather University property that is meant to be shared by all.
Search the Library Catalog to find out what is available.
If you are unable to locate the material you need, please contact us. We may be able to borrow it from another library (see Interlibrary Loan tab) or you may make a recommendation (see Collection Suggestion).
By borrowing materials from Johnson & Wales University’s Denver Campus Library, you are agreeing to its borrowing policies.
- Borrowing privileges are only for currently registered students and currently employed faculty and staff.
- The barcode on the Johnson & Wales University identification card serves as a library card.
- The privilege of borrowing is a personal one and may not be transferred.
- All circulating material must be properly checked out and its prompt and safe return is the responsibility of the borrower.
- The borrower is responsible for notifying the Library immediately if library material is damaged, missing or lost.
- Overdue notices are e-mailed as a courtesy to remind borrowers that an item should be renewed or returned. Failure to receive a notice does not absolve the borrower of this responsibility.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if the borrower has more than $10.00 in library fees.
- A bill for replacement is sent approximately 30 days after the due date if an item has not been renewed or returned.
- If a fine is not paid within 30 days, academic and/or judicial holds will be placed on the student’s account.
|Books||21 days||$0.50 per day||$90.00|
|Videos and DVDs||7 days||$0.50 per day||$90.00|
|Reserve Books and Articles||2 hours||$1.25 per hour||$90.00|
|Reserve Videos and DVDs||1 day||$1.25 per day||$90.00|
|Recalled Items||n/a||$1.50 per day||$90.00|
|Magazines and Reference Books||May not be checked out||$90.00|
Not paying library fines may result in:
- A suspension of borrowing privileges,
- An academic hold which prevents the release of diplomas and official transcripts, and/or;
- A judicial hold which prevents course registration, entrance to class, and graduation.
*The Library reserves the right to increase fines in the future.
**The replacement charge is $65 plus a maximum overdue fine of $25. The Library reserves the right to charge more if the item is of greater value.